Add to Technorati Favorites
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Seize the Night: Sherrilyn Kenyon-Book Seven




Who is the worst person to fall in love with? I think many of us can answer that on some level, but what if your answer was the enemy of your twin sister? And technically the enemy of just about everyone you have to deal with?
Well, as we have discovered through the pages of this series, Tabitha Devereaux doesn’t do anything easily. This brash, in-your-face twin does come across the love of her life in a dark alley on a night out of hunting the bad guys. Unfortunately for the love of her life, he gets stabbed…by her.

Yeah, that’s basically how the couple meets. Classic right?

Seize the Night finally sheds some light on the hated Valerius, grandson of the man who killed Kyrian and brother of the now god, Zarek, both of whom would like to see him dead. (Among others, poor guy.)
When I started reading this book I did what I’ve been doing at every start of every book in this series: I sat there thinking it’s not going to be as good. I’m not going to like the next guy as much. I’m certainly not going to like the stick-up-the-ass General, Valerius.

Come on, we all think Valerius is an asshole.

Well everyone except Tabitha.

And now, everyone but me. I really, really ended up liking Valerius a lot. I learned to feel for him and I have to admit I cried more than once for the General.

Kenyon, through Valerius and Tabitha, gives us a Dark-Hunter installment for those of us who never quite fit in, for those of us who have had to live on the fringes for one reason or another.
Maybe we were associated with something bad, maybe the way we walk the path is just a little different. For whatever reason though, we’ve never been accepted in the way we’d like to be.
Here you get to experience the journey of two people finding the missing part of themselves in opposites while trying to battle the perception of one of them. (Yeah, the step-brother wants to kill my boyfriend thing is kind of an issue.) All this, while going after the big bad.

So, read this one, I think you’ll really love it. Oh yeah, there some juicy bits about Acheron and some pretty harrowing things going on outside of the star couple of this book. Tragedy strikes and, for some of our faithful Dark-Hunter crew, life is going to change; I can’t say for the better. I can only say they have my condolences and Kenyon fucking delivers again.

© 2008

0 comments: