Add to Technorati Favorites
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dark Side of the Moon: Sherrilyn Kenyon-Book Ten



I think I’m still a little giddy from this read. I have to tell you that it was one of the better ones and our hero Ravyn ranks as one of my fave Dark-Hunters. For those of you who don’t recall, he’s the Were-Hunter turned Dark-Hunter. This oddity gives him some special powers, and I likes ’em.

Here in Dark Side of the Moon we see a meeting of two souls – well, as much soul as a Dark-Hunter can manage – who have lost everything dear to them. We see in Ravyn the kind of integrity and predatory strength we like to see in our heroes, and Susan ain’t too bad either.

I actually like Susan a lot. She’s tough in that not-so-overbearing way. She’s likable, gutsy, classy, and all those things our DH crew likes in a mate.

So what’s going down in this installment anyway?

Looks like the Daimons may have retained some human allies. Those allies may be bad asses in their own right. They might be, you’ll have to judge that for yourselves. But what really matters in this plot is that Susan and Ravyn are wanted for the murder of her dear friends. They are being hunted day and night, and the only place for them to run is for the Sanctuary, the Serengeti. Sounds good until we find out that’s where Ravyn’s family is, the ones who basically want him dead.

So what happens to two would-be outlaws whose lives are being torn apart, whose normal safe houses are now deemed unsafe, and whose very city is under siege?

They do their best to survive.

But not everybody does. We see death in this novel. We see three lives being changed for the better and for the worse. Ravyn’s and Susan’s lives aren’t the only ones transforming. Nick, Cael, Belle and others’ lives are going to be changed or ended in these pages. In fact, maybe the whole Dark Hunter world is changing as we read. Little by little Stryker and his crew are wreaking havoc, and as the pages pass by I can see an ultimate challenge brewing.

But then I could be wrong. Please read along and tell me what you think.

And where is our wayward Acheron, our cavalry of this here world? He’s busy with the bitch goddess herself. Her games are never-ending, and Ash is constantly torn between deals made and duties sworn.

He’d better keep his eyes open because betrayal is afoot, and it’s coming from the most unlikely places.

Trust me when I say read this book. It’s one of those pivotal ones and it’s a lead into something huge, I can feel it!!!!

Okay boys and girls and girls and boys. I’m off! I’ve got to read the next book!!!!

© 2008

0 comments: