Add to Technorati Favorites
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Night Play: Sherrilyn Kenyon-Book Six




I just finished Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon, and though I have liked all of the books in the series so far, I’ve only adored a couple of them.

This one falls into that category.

Night Play brings back Vane Kattalakis, the wolf that risked clan punishment for protecting Sunshine, Talon’s great love. Well, he didn’t just risk the fury of the pack, he got it, he and his brother both.

The story is, of course, about Vane finding his love. The Fates have mated him to a human and he has three weeks to prove himself to her and hope to the gods she can accept him. But really, what kind of life can her give her? He’s hunted and he lives his life looking over his shoulder.

And who is this woman he has to protect from himself? Do you remember the hot chick he watched walk away from him? The human he found so enticing? Well, she’s back and living large.

Bride, though, isn’t your typical romance heroine. She’s got some weight issues. She’s spent most of her life being the “smart” one and quite frankly thought of as the fat one.

I have to say that this installment made me laugh and smile a lot. There is no intense oh-my-god-I-hope-that-doesn’t-happen moment, but this story doesn’t need the high intensity of super suspense. It rides smoothly, with just enough uncertainty and spice to keep you reading on.

Will Vane’s brother, Fang, be all right? Will pack mate Fury betray them? Will Bride’s choice to mate with Vane be a good idea?

And what is Ash’s role in all of this?

Oh and you finally get to know the Peltiers better. I think you’ll like them and feel safer in Sanctuary than you ever did before. I know I did.

I really, really enjoyed Night Play. It made me feel good all over and what more can you ask from a group of Weres and Vampires?

Next up on the plate? Seize the Night. It’s time to enter into Valerius’ tidy world. Just how arrogant is this Dark-Hunter of noble blood? Is he really a good guy or is Kyrian right and the man should be put down? I guess we’ll find out, but read Night Play first if you haven’t already.

Hmmm, suddenly I’m itching for BBQ. Damn Simi.

© 2008

0 comments: