Add to Technorati Favorites
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

One Silent Night: Sherrilyn Kenyon-Book Sixteen


Kenyon: One Silent Night



One silent night for sure. I started reading One Silent Night early Saturday afternoon. I was done with it by the next early afternoon. It was a really short book, but surprisingly cool, quick and hot. I guess it was traditional Kenyon in many ways. Traditional except for the fact we are focusing on the bad guys.

The “bad guys”? Who is to say who is bad and who is good? Is justice nothing more than balance or…..this isn’t really a philosophy class but hey who says romance novels can’t have a little intellect wrapped in the hot sweaty sex?

No one important…

So, who is this “bad guy” I speak of? I speak of Strykerius. Mr. Son-of-Apollo-turned Daimon-King-Himself.

At first glance I was “eh”. I can take him or leave him. I have to say that that really hasn’t changed much for me. He’s got the noble asshole thing going and I really love that, but the character himself doesn’t spin my goggles. I see nothing, but another relatively hot demigod who is just okay in the pantheon of hot Kenyon dudes. You know who got my fires going though?

Zephyra.

Normally the female version of “ you burned me and I’m bitter routine” comes off kind of too bitchy to me. A lot of writers go a little too far with it and the female gets annoying. Phyra isn’t in this category and her rage comes across as passion. Her anger is justified and when she sees the light she gives in without truly backing down. I think for the first time in a long while, Kenyon delivers a partnership of true equals and really that’s what makes One Silent Night one of the hotter books in the series.

So what’s the deal with the plot?

Here’s where I have to tread carefully. I want to tell you everything, but I also want you to have that bit of surprise. So, I will be brief. Stryker and Zephyra were once an item. He left her because Daddy threatened to kill her. The rest is full of miscommunication, hurt, anger and even lies. In the end, all is good. Well, what does “good” mean when we’re talking “bad guys”?

Oh, Stryker unleashes some major deadly shit to go after Acheron. The kind of deadly shit that the Gods really, really don’t want the stink of to the point that they are actually scared. And then there is Nick G.

Yeah, he’s back and well, I have to say with a vengeance.

You gotta read it now. I know you do. I can feel you aching for it. Believe me you, it’s entirely worth it and the only bad thing about finishing One Silent Night is now you have to wait for Kenyon to finish writing the next one.

© 2009

0 comments: