Add to Technorati Favorites
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dream Chaser : Sherrilyn Kenyon (Book Fourteen)


What can I say?

It’s about fucking time!!

I mean that in two ways.

One, it’s about time I actually started and finished Dream Chaser. It feels like months have passed since this book was at the front of the queue. Well, the Holidays do take months two get through. Starting with Halloween my time is…oh, this is a book review.

Two, it’s about time I adored a Dream-Hunter novel. This is book three in that little part of the Dark-Hunter ‘Verse and I have to say I love this one. Xypher is just the right mix of gothic angst and demon/god bad ass. And the best part? I love the chick in this one, but before I go on let’s talk plot.

Xypher who we met in the little Dimme incident is back, with a vengeance for vengeance. He’s pretty pissed at Satara and when you find out why you’ll be pissed at her as well.

So, Xypher is freed from hell for one month for revenge. In his search he happens upon Simone, a medical examiner who collects oddities, oddities that happen to be ghosts, squires and the like. Simone is a great woman. She’s smart, funny, playful and has her own demons to contend with. (After you read the book that sentence is funny.) Dream Chaser takes us on a romp through New Orleans, love, death, betrayal and the coming together of two people.

All in all it’s fab. This Dream-Hunter novel takes on more of the feel of the Dark-Hunter ones. I’m glad Kenyon found her groove in the story lines. I don’t exactly want her to do a DH repeat, but I do want believability. I like logical reaction to circumstance and she comes back to that in this installment. Seriously, she needed to or I was going to bail on the whole Dream-Hunter thing. Now I won’t and now I will suggest the other two D-C novels as should reads, still not must reads, but you should if you want complete knowledge of that side of the world. You certainly should read this one and meet Jaden an apparently upcoming focus.

Yanno I could go on, but I don’t want to. Acheron is next and I have several hundreds of yummy pages to get through. Mmmmmm,Ash….

(c) 2009

0 comments: