Add to Technorati Favorites
CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

On Other Things and Request a Review?

I’m taking a break from the paranormal. I’m reading Heroes Die by Michael Woodring Stover. I suppose he has to add the Woodring on so that he’s not lost in the enormous crotch spew of other Michael Hoovers.

Heroes Die was published before the new millennia….I guess that means it’s fucking old. Book three was released this year. I guess that means Stover is a lazy bastard.

Whatever meaning you take, I’m nineteen pages in and loving it.

I used to read tons of sci-fi and fantasy when I was a kid. I think my first huge novel was The Hobbit. My first truly intellectual sci-fi was Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

I guess you could say I started with the classics. I got into Narnia…sort of. I can’t say I read past book two. I loved the Cheysuli Chronicles by Jennifer Roberson. I dug me some Elric, tried to down some Jordan, but didn’t really get into it. I probably could now though, now I can stomach things I couldn’t back then.

Then I wanted super fun, super cool like Han Solo’s Revenge and Johnny Mnemonic. Too bad Johnny was such a short story. I did the Conan thing, the Gor thing, though I didn’t see the slavey stuff for what it was. I thought it was cool though and read through the crap to get to my slave girls.

Anyway, my vamp thing started big time and I lost touch with the sci-fi world and certainly the fantasy world. I traveled back for a bit though. Roberson tossed out her Deep Wood Trilogy, though I’m still pissed at her for making me wait for book three. I ate the shit up though and will patiently whinny for more.

I’m glad Stover is giving me something to chomp on. Something fast paced, gritty and intelligent. I hope he continues on. (Since I paid an arm and a leg for out of print book two.) When I’m done I will of course review it. I’m no longer reading things without reviewing them. (Makes me feel important.)

Speaking of reviews. If you have anything you want me to review, your book or someone else’s let me know. You can e-mail me at liliadiorfeo@yahoo.com. I can’t guarantee review times, but if you give me enough notice on something newly out I can do my best. Hell, if you fucking paid me, I’d read it on the spot.

Wow, I’m a potty mouth. *grins*

Hey, here’s the site of a friend of mine. http://kennethmarkhoover.com/ I’ve read some of his stuff and I really like it. I’m going to be reviewing his book, Fevreblau as soon as I get it. It’s Sci-Fi, but don’t worry I won’t be setting up camp on that side of the literary world. My heart belongs to the vampires, werewolves and gods of the universe.

All right, I’m outty. See you on the other side.

© 2009



.

2 comments:

Kenneth Mark Hoover said...

Thank you for linking my site, that was so kind of you and unexpected!

Mark

Lilia said...

I've read your stuff, not the stuff mentioned on your site, but your other stuff and I think you're a good writer. Also, the critique you gave my prologue was great. After your comment, I wondered why I hadn't seen it.